Taking the goal as a basis – to give our customers a lot, at a reasonable price and substantively on the time spent, we developed a 1st day trip, with a visit to one of the key places in the history of Spain and Catalonia – Montserrat + strong>Barcelona объединив их в одну!
The main reasons for the correctness of this format are:
– Montserrat Nature Reserve / Monastery is located 50 kilometers from Barcelona,
– Montserrat and Barcelona share a common history, without which individual excursions are often incomplete.
No more than 1 hour 30 minutes takes the road to the Montserrat nature reserve / monastery, arriving where, then you will rise to a height of more than 700 meters above sea level on a train named Crimallera!
Our experienced guide will conduct a sightseeing tour of the most important places of the monastery, spending no more than 30-40 minutes, and will give you about 2 hours of free time!
Free time on the territory of the monastery and in its environs will confirm to you the informative story of the guide about the most important and famous facts:
- the first hermits of the VIII century,
- the period of the monastery’s existence until the great split into the eastern and western rites in the 15th century,
- the hermit of the monastery, who visited from Columbus during the first trip to the New World,
- the pilgrimage of Ignatius of Loyola, after visiting the monastery, which took the oath here and created the Order of the Jesuits,
- the oldest singing school in its territory,
- the main relic of the already Benedictine order in the Montserrat Monastery of the statue of the "black" Madonna.
And much more
Having met again with a guide in a predetermined place, you will go to Barcelona, where you will see and visit those main places that are part of a traditional sightseeing tour:
- Sagrada Familia (temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família) without entrance,
- Arc de Triomphe (L'Arc de Triomf)
- one of the main avenues of Barcelona de Gracia (Paseo de Gracia)
- houses of Antonio Gaudi Casa Milà & Casa Batlló
- free time in the area of Catalonia (Plaça de Catalunya) / Old Town (Barrio Gótico) about 2 hours
* A separate bonus of our company is a visit to the main cathedral of the Holy Cross and St. Eulalia (La Catedral de la Santa Cruz y Santa Eulalia)
- Montjuic and the Magic Fountains (Fuente mágica de Montjuic) at the end of our journey, as the logical end of a 12-hour trip!